Saturday, May 4, 2013

JNJ: Oops I did it again...18th Consecutive Week Up


I am short and it is not working. But while I am a little frustrated, I am at the same time amazed with this run to the upside. The new high for the week was put in just shy of $86 at $85.99. May 1st was a day of hope for the bears where JNJ traded a buck lower, we all thought it was day 1 of decent trade lower (but it was just a head fake). I continue to be long the May '13 $85 puts and it now seems like we are going for a hail mary on this one given its resilience to the upside (probabilities say it only has a 17% chance of hitting $82.50). But then again, what do the probabilities say about this thing finishing higher for a 19th consecutive week in a row?

But after getting short this name starting on 4/8 at the time when it was only up 14 consecutive weeks in a row, I am committed to the trade. Eventually this thing will crack. I would love to see some profit taking in this name for a move $5 lower, that would be ideal :)

Other than hoping for that down move between now and May expiration I continue to sell some premium against my long puts with the weekly's to try to mitigate the time decay as much as possible.

Good Luck Trading!

In The Money Trades

And 1 favor that we ask: 

If you like the hard work we put into our blog posts and videos, PLEASE help us out by sharing them. Click the share links below and share them on FB, twitter, etc. It really helps us get more exposure and grow IN THE MONEY TRADES!

1 comment:

  1. Could today finally be day 1 with JNJ down over $1??? We will have to see what tomorrow brings.

    ReplyDelete