Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New positions

So today I put on half of my position with the GE puts I was looking to sale. I sold 5 $12.5 puts for $1.80 per contract or a total of $900 with Jan 11 expiration. Would not mind owning this stock if I were exercised. The best part is the commission was only $2.25 to put this on.

I also put on a cash flow trade by selling 10 $5 puts on EGLE with Nov 09 expiration for $0.44 or $440 about three weeks. Again a stock that I would not mind owning. You may see me get more aggressive with these dry bulk shippers as they have yet to see much of a rally in my opinion.

I do not really like the layout of the platform for IB as it is awdward to navigate. I guess it will take some getting use to. But for now my plan is to use my trademonster to find my trades and data and then just place the trades in IB until I get more familiar with the platform. Either way it is totally worth it for the commission rates.

2 comments:

  1. What was GE and EGLE trading at when you sold the naked puts? I used the charts and option chains on my Scottrade account for months after switching to IB. I still like the look of the charts on Scottrade, but they don't have any tools. It would be nice to do everything from one platform, but I kind of do a hodge podge and take things from different areas and just use IB for the actual order entry. It is cheaper and faster than what I had used in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GE was trading at $14.40 and EGLE was trading at $4.81

    ReplyDelete