Thursday, December 10, 2009

Added GE to my options portfolio...

I have traded this company off an on and profitably since the financial crisis and will continue to do so until it does not work anymore. This is one of those stocks that I would not mind owning either. It pays a dividend and in my opinion is naturally diversified not only geographically but by its vast number of business. I feel even more confident since it decided to wind down its financial arm to reduce its exposure to the financial side of the business. Its recent sale of NBC helped it raise a good chunk of cash. Anyways, below is the snapshot of the risk metrics I like to look at before I enter into a position.

3 comments:

  1. I closed out my short puts last week when SLV was trading above $18 a share. Today it traded as low as 16.82, this etf may be worth
    another look at the 16 level of it gets there. I have set a price alert for this area. If it does come down here I will look to sell puts at the 14 to 16 strike price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What strike and month was your SLV puts? Did I miss that post or just ignore it? I might be interested in selling puts if it hits $15, depends on what they are bid at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were with Jan '12 expiration at the $16 strike. I originally sold them for $2.5 and they are currently trading higher this morning at $3.15. I know there is a lot more time but it just seemed like the current move was over and that I came in late to the game. So I took the opportunity to get flat for even money to try to get an opportunity to enter at a lower price and higher premium for more cushion.

    ReplyDelete