Wednesday, December 2, 2009

November Options Trade Recap...

I want to get in the habit of recording my results on a monthly basis. As I wrote in earlier posts I am tyring to see if I can generate $500-$1,000 per month on the $17,000 I put in.

For the month of November I was able to generate about $1,250 in income. But I was only able to pull out about $800 in order to maintain my high water mark of $17,000 for the start of December.

As of December 2nd I have the following open positions:

1) 5 short puts on AA at $12.50 stike with Jan 2012 expiry

2) 5 short puts on BX at $15 stike with Jan 2011 expiry

3) 10 short puts on DRYS at $5 strike with Jan 2011 expiry

4) 10 short puts on DRYS at $5 strike with Jan 2012 expiry

5) 10 short puts on EGLE at $5 strike with Jun 2010 expiry

6) 5 short puts on STEC at $12.5 strike with Jan 2011 expiry

7) 1 vertical put spread on SOHU $55/$80 spread with Jan 2011 expiry

At this moment my Net liquidation value is $16,857.67, But there are still a few weeks left in the month.

Until next time,

Dominic

2 comments:

  1. Today I closed out my puts in AA for a gain o $164.25. After going through my analysis I am not really sure why I put this position on at these prices. So I am more than happy to ook some profits and look for the next trade. That new posting format is really effective.

    I realized about 10% of the total maximum profit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it may be fun to turn this into a bit of a competition. I propose that we all post a monthly break down of our trading activity. Maybe we do a 6 month competition to see who can make the most money in either dollar terms or percentage terms. I plan to post monthly all of my positions, my net liquidation value, and how much cash I pulled out. This gives us some friendly competition.

    Let me know what you guys think?

    Dominic

    ReplyDelete