Friday, July 31, 2009

Fast Money

Do you guys ever watch Fast Money? I noticed Macke was gone for an extended period of time. I figured he got an offer to do his own show on another network or that he was just on vacation. So I did a search and found out what happened. Did you guys know about his bizarre behavior getting him canned? To be honest he made my laugh and he had some great insight, but his arrogance drove me nuts and I found it hard to enjoy the show on the days he was acting like a turd.

While I'm on the subject, I can't stand Joe Terranova. He's frequently wrong, won't ever acknowledge it, and he's a kiss ass. He's constantly saying "and you said this last night Pete and you were right on." I can tell you today what he's going to say on Monday. He'll give his reason for why oil moved, no matter how much or what direction, he'll assume he knows why. Then he'll praise each person on the show. I have made money with advice from Adame and Finerman. And lots of their plays that I tracked but didn't play with real money were winners. Fineman has been mum for a while now and not saying what her firm is in to, she's just dispensing her thoughts on subjects but not taking positions or giving ideas like Adame. I wonder if her customers are upset that she's telling the world what her firm is doing. Usually hedge funds are very secretive and don't tell you anything until they are out of a position, and even then you have to wonder if it's disinformation.

2 comments:

  1. All the movement on Fast Money of late has centered around Dylan Ratigan's (too lazy to look up the proper spelling) abrupt dismissal for another gig at another network, Fox I believe. The dynamics and kinetic energy has never been the same and in my humble opinion for the worst. I think Jason is spot on about Terranova and how Adame and Finerman look to be just putting in their time maintaining their exposure until something else comes along. From what I can tell Terranova looks to be monopolizing his seniority and camera time to campaign for his own show.

    I think Lee is an adept host but she lacks Ratigan's edge and lightning sharp wit which fed his boys on the panel. Plus she's over-exposed with hosting duties (Options Action). I still like the Nadjarian Brothers but they too seem to have taken a backseat to Lee, Terranova and even the new regular Tim Seymour.

    Honestly I usually don't watch the show to get stock picks but rather for market sentiment and commentary.

    Has anyone seen Ratigan's Morning Meeting show which should have debuted recently? Does anyone actually watch Fox Business?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the show hasn't been the same since Dylan left. I have gotten used to Melissa Lee after first hating her. I usually only watch the first 20 minutes of the show to talk about the daily action and stories. To me the show would be a killer 30 minutes if they got rid of the fluff like the pops and drops or having an in studio guest CEO who is never doing anything but pumping up his company and selling their story.

    The Pops and Drops is nothing more than a clone of Cramer's Lighting Round, same goes for the token CEO interview. Obviously I love options, but I don't even watch the Options Action anymore. There is another arrogant jerk on that show and the strategies they talk about are pretty basic. ONN.tv is more entertaining because they talk about order flow and where action is, usually with good insight and not just pure speculation because they want to sound like experts.

    There is also something on Interactive Brokers that is free even if you're not an accont holder. It's called the Daily Options and Futures Intelligence Report. This again is like the ONN.tv and very much like what Pete Najarian talks about as far as large blocks of options being traded and telling you what might be behind it etc.

    ReplyDelete