Friday, July 17, 2009

MOS & MCD


Picked up 100 shares at $50 of MOS today. Sold $50.6 for a small profit. Watched MOS all week and missed the huge move with buyout speculation news. Starting to move my paper trading testing into the real world.

I may pick up a small position in MCD possibly today or Monday ahead of earnings on the 23rd. The stock looks like it's in a volatility squeeze and since I'm a loyal customer so I can attest to the fact that with the weak economy and the consumer trading down McDonalds stands to benefit. Also I'm getting the feeling that GS and IBM set the bar too high and the market may have to deal with diminishing earnings expectations and we may not be sustain this rally at best we may be continuing this sideways trading pattern. There may be flight back into consumer staples like JNJ, WMT and MCD.

Watching and waiting...

1 comment:

  1. Missed the huge move in MOS again... the stock is now trading close to $54

    ReplyDelete