Thursday, July 9, 2009

Flat day will the market rollover and when?

Watched all day and did nothing. No motivation or decision either way from traders... guess we'll see how earnings will play out and how various economic news affects the market. I'm guessing we'll see inconclusive evidnece like job claims today where there's an asterisk or unaccounted factor that skews the data or only confirms that things are getting less worse but improvement still remains to be seen.

Depending on how the market finally resolves the ubiquitous head and shoulders pattern I have a few shorts I'm watching like the chart below and checking my earnings calendar. If I had to bet I'd bet that we will see a confirmation of a breakdown within the next few days but I'll defer to the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment