Monday, March 1, 2010

This is kind of Sad...

So I am going to Vegas this weekend and really all I can think about is the free time I will have during the day to work on my trading. I ordered a new book last week that I hope to get before I leave on Friday. I also plan to use some of my down time during the day to formally write up  a business plan for my trading. It is basically going to have all the things I have been posting about over the past few months, just a bit more formal. I have learned so much over the past 4 months.

This may be sad to someone else, but for me it is another opportunity to reach my goals as a successful and profitable trader. I really don't care what anyone thinks, I am doing this for me not them.

I will have fun at night with the group!

1 comment:

  1. What book are you waiting for? I wouldn't say it's sad, it's just surprising at your age for you to be at the maturity level you're at. I was still partying in Vegas until I was about 28. I've never been much for socializing, and every hour or dollar I spend doing that doesn't pay dividends for me later. All the hours I've spent home alone studying or learning has put me where I'm at today.

    So at times when it seemed pathetic that I either didn't have anything to do on a Friday night, or just chose not to attend something I was invited to, today I feel great about it. I have a very strong desire to not lead a miserable life or complain about my job or finances, especially as you get older. Being 50 and facing another 15 years until social security age and hating your career is not a group I ever want to be a part of. I plan on being my own provider, and should I make it to retirement age the I get some sort of finanical payback from the government, it will just be a bonus and hopefully not make a difference in my life. So I'm willing to continue to spend my time and money investing in myself as at least there is something tangible there later. Take care of your money and your money will take care of you.

    ReplyDelete