Monday, September 28, 2009

Changing Strategies to improve tactics and win the war

I'm going to be committing to swing trading and options through my IB accounts which have proven successful for me. And moving my day trading completely to the demo. I've realized that I have a lot of ground still to cover (probably over a year) to even begin to feel confident with some sort of fundamental ground to trade from. Even though I didn't lose money when I started day trading luckily breaking basically flat for 3 weeks. But it's obvious that I have no real idea what I'm doing. I feel like trading the Lightspeed demo will really allow me to trade and learn without the constant anxiety of losing money which clouds my memory and ability to absorb and retain the necessary lessons from my trades. I tend to only recall the emotions and not the trades. On Friday I traded on the demo, felt comfortable, stuck to my discipline, entered and exited good setups and was up over $200 paper money at the end of the day trading RIMM and FAS. And initiated a good swing position in QQQX which is up over 4% since Friday. Researching pivot points, mysmp's day trading articles and reviewing technical analysis helped ground me on Friday.

I'm going to try to continue to track my paper trading daily and much like Gman's choptracker (see Stocktwits TV setment tonight) try to analyze my trading habits and identify where and when my strengths and weaknesses lie.

Also I'm going to spend the year testing different filters, news, charting software and widdle down my resources and hopefully have a solid successful routine come 12-18 months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment