Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The importance of staying engaged...

As a developing trader it is important to stay engaged with the market and your developement, regardless of whether you are trading or not. What do I mean?

Well based on my trading system that I am not going to be trading today as I had two down days in a row, which means today will be a non trading day. But this does not mean that I will do nothing just because I can not trade. Today is a perfect day to work on my if/then statments for different trade setups. I will also review and tweak my rule based trading system (See video below on rule bases trading system and its importance).


It is also a good opportunity to paper trade. I guess what I am really trying to say is that in order to succeed in this trading thing, you need to be dedicated. You need to get the 10,000 hours of screen time to become an expert.

So instead of taking the day off from trading because I can not actively trade the market today, I am going to get a few more hours of screen time and trader development under my belt.

Good Luck Trading!

P.S. I will be sharing my rule based system, sometime over the next month as I refine and test it. It really is a business plan. And you all know the old adage "If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail".

No comments:

Post a Comment