Thursday, August 13, 2009

LVS

Holy Moly. Did anyone catch the action with this one? Trading was halted around 3PM EST on this one. I saw this on my watch screen and heard Scott from T3 talking about it and he kept saying that this may have been caused because of the "Macau IPO announcement" but as soon as trading resumed around 3:30 I immediately saw this one popping and got in at $13.20, rode it for about 2 seconds to $13.50, sold out, saw it hold above $13.70 bought again, sold out at $13.78, bought in again at $13.80 thinking that this was going to be the push through the 200 $14 resistance and once that was broken this thing was going to skyrocket. Well I saw the stock hit the $14 and fall back down and never was able to surmount another run but hearing Redler and Sperling say that this one's got more room to run in the next few days gave the confidence to just hold it overnight. Also the market's ability to rally into the end of day I felt would help bolster the bulls into the end of the week.

2 comments:

  1. I was not able to catch it. But I had set an alert this morning on the break of 13 for a momentum trade to the upside. But if obviously did not develope until the end of the day. Currently I am only able to trade the mornings.

    Nice trades Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Funny cuz I didn't put any stops under these stocks. No risk reward. Just shootin from the hip.

    ReplyDelete