Thursday, August 6, 2009

Old posts

So I just now found some time to catch up on some past posts. I read the one from July 13 about the meditation and the Anatomy of a Disaster. A few years ago if someone had suggested meditation to me I would have been immature and ignorant and called you a fag. Thankfully I'm older now and a little more mature. I took part in a spiritual retreat back in January where I meditated for the first time. I found that if I do it at night it helps me get to sleep, I'm a notoriously bad sleeper. It also helps me get up in the morning feeling relaxed and ready to go. I did it for a while and like everything else in my life, nothing lasts forever. I get busy or stressed and just haven't made the time to do it. In my opinion, if you were able to shut the world off for 20 minutes mid day and do this, it would really be beneficial. At least from my perspective it would help. I don't see the advantage of this in the morning as I'm already well rested. But I'm at the stage of my life, or maybe just the type of person that I'm willing to try new things. I'm glad I went to that event and I do hope I find the discipline to start meditating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment