Thursday, August 6, 2009

Shit adds up quick

I just got whacked $2400 in extra tuition increases, for one semester!! Thank god I'm getting out this semester. $600 for an interview suit. $1000 prepaid for airline and hotel to do a recon trip to Chicago. I can justify all the costs long-term, but god damn getting hit with a $4000 bill when I'm not making $4000 a month sucks balls. I think it's time to get a studio apartment in Chicago and decrease the living expenses while also pulling down a salary. Time to build up the reserves again.

3 comments:

  1. Add another $620 to that bill. I just had to sign up for the Level II CFA exam. I would rather put Level II Candidate on my resume than saying I passed Level I. But I can't put that on there unless I'm truly signed up, plus the fee goes up if I don't sign up by September 15 so I was arguably going to do it then anyway. I picked Chicago as my testing center. Of course I can always change that, but I guess I must be heavily leaning towards that or I wouldn't have picked it.

    Although I can't exactly picture myself, or Dom will like this, "Visualize", myself leaving my SoCal apartment by the beach just yet, I also don't see myself still here by the June 2010 test date I just signed up for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit you better go to Chicago because I have already started my visualization of visiting what ever trading floor you will be working on. Maybe Peak 6???

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The price of success is the pain of change" -Anon

    ReplyDelete