Monday, January 4, 2010

Possible meet up...

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you guys wanted to meet up sometime next week on either Tuesday or Wednesday night? Let me know how this might work for you guys...

Maybe we can meet near the Honda center off the 57 where I work? There are a good amount of restraunts here.

Let me know...

Also: I mentioned back when we first started up this blog that I was going to try and crash a options class at Cal-State Fullerton. I have friends who have taken the class and the instructer is an options trader, who trades a $2 million personal account which he uses real examples from his own account during lectures. I am not sure if you guys are interested or not.

The Spring class starts on 1/25/09 and is on Tuesday nights from 7pm to 9:45pm. Here is the class desciption:put and call options, option pricing theory and models. Financial futures pricing, hedging strategies and models. Institutional characteristics of futures trading. Options and futures on stock indices. Options on futures, theoretical relationship between options and futures.

They are using the following book:INTRO TO DERIVATIVES AND RISK MGMT.

8 comments:

  1. Ok, Jason said that he is free anytime. So lets plan to meet up on Tuesday.

    If it is cool with you guys we can meet at the Lazy Dog on Katella Ave off the 57 freeway. How does 5:30 work?

    We don't have to eat at lazy dog, there are several other restraunts around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably won't be able to be there at 5:30 but maybe a lil later around 6'ish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok then lets plan to meet at 6pm at the lazy dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK see you guys then. I'll bring the books I've recently bought so you can see if it's something you're interested in after I finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and Mark, we never really asked you if you were interested. But Jason and I have split the annual $400 subscription to Investing with options. If you are interested in this service brink $133 (the cost split 3 ways). Then I will give you our user and password and get you on the distribution list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do they have a trial membership? Or do you guys offer a trial membership? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no trial membership offered. But you can check out his blog site at www.investingwithoptions.com. There are two aspects of the blog, a free portion which lacks trade ideas and the premium portion. I think once the positions are closed that you can view the past trades. But I posted the trade idea in YGE as an example, that can be your free sample.

    ReplyDelete